Monday, April 12, 2010

More Missing Months

So, I didn't post in March. I have my reasons, of course. I turned around today and realized that freaking April is nearly half over too, so I wanted to pop in and make a quick post.

This semester has been trying to say the least. I've probably said that already before, so bla bla bla. It might be less than meaningless. I have been through some lows this spring that I have not known in some time. It has affected my writing, sadly. I haven't been at a loss for subject matter, ultimately, just lack of time to sit down and bang away. I've pecked a bit, which works, but I ache for more productivity, less bummitude where only dark unfocused things come from. I'll have time and brainspace soon, maybe.

It's a good time for gadgets. I like the iPad, but recognize that it doesn't seem to have massive appeal....... Yet. Apple has a way of making life appear bleak without their flagship product. Never count them out.

I've been playing my bass regularly and revamping my rig, which has been fun spare-time (ha!) material. The bass has always been one of my favorites, and is probably the one I'm best at, if that means anything. So far, have an old Ampeg half-cab that my brother-in-law gave me, and am grabbing an amp head soon (used). Next, I'm selling a less used synth for a new bass. I was debating which one to go for, but ultimately, the classic Fender standard Jazz is the best option. It's got the sound, the flexibility, etc. Good stuff. It'll be great for recording or just playing.

Still waiting for final details on new pub, still waiting for feedback/responses on two solicited subs, and just sorta waiting in general right now. Waiting. I get some if my best ideas while I'm waiting.