Sunday, May 13, 2007

Hey, look at that!

I got a new pen.

"WELL HEY, THATS FABULOUS!"

Yes. It is.

"So, like, what is it... a bic?"

No. Um.

"Scripto? Pilot Dr. Grip?"

No and no...

"Then... uh..."

Listen, never mind, alright.

"What, are you too good for disposable pens?"

No, that's not it... I just like nice pens.

"A Dr. Grip is nice!"

No it's not. I bought one and the first time I refilled it the refill exploded. That was shocking considering it's just a stick that you put inside the case with no moving parts. Also, the grip pad yellows after about two weeks.

"They look nice."

Yes, true. So it seems a Dr. Grip is mainly nice when you don't use it.

"Now you're being a jerk."

Sorry. Want to hear about my pen?

"Fine."

Thanks. It's a Lamy Tipo roller ball.

"What is that, French?"

German.

"What's so great about it?"

Well... thick, smooth lines, dependable quality refills which are widely available, lifetime guarantee, $7.50 flat charge to refurb the pen should it become defective, etc.

"Sounds expensive."

Some are. This one was $10.

"Huh. For one pen."

Think of it as a 'writing partner.'

"Thanks, I'd rather not."

They make nice gifts.

"Don't get me one, OK?"

If you say so.