Monday, October 16, 2006

Strange, they are, the things you do when you're not writing.

Let me back up a bit. I write. I "enjoy" writing, which is to say that if no one pays me to write or even acknowledges my writing, I'll continue to do so. As it turns out, no one currently does either, so it stands to reason that I'm not full of whatever it is exaggerators are full of. I assume it's 30% crap and 60% sawdust with the remaining 10% being a sweet cotton/poly blend and unidentifiable "materials". Sort of like a pillow. "Enjoying" writing, I think, says nothing about state in which you perform the task - bitter, frustrated, snippy, aggravated, malicious and unapproachable are all reasonable ways to describe folks who enjoy writing at certain times throughout the process. It is, as they say, all good.

I'm also a student... English, currently. This, of course, provides me with endless hours of things to do. Frequently those things are... reading and writing.

I like making lists, but not of things to do, things to get. I'm a gadget fanatic. I usually write about my gadgets, both ones I want and one's I've acquired.

I enjoy movies, and also writing about them and writing them. I enjoy photographing digitally, video and stills.

I like music, making it, listening to it and writing about it.

Why do I say they're funny, those things you do when you're not writing? I can't really think of anything I don't eventually write about.

I'll try to limit it to the interesting items here.

And that, as they say, is a quick bio.

Stay tuned for sporadic, random and nonsensical postings.